2007-03-04

Soulreaper - the belly's starting to grow

Long time, no write. I've been really busy lately since I've been working both with Soulreaper and my daytime job. It seems we've come a long way with regards to the Soulreaper classes - even though we're far from finished. I started to create a document containing all class related information yesterday and I'll have it up as soon as possible. I'll have to have a look at how easy/difficult it is to put those kinds of tables into one of our wiki pages - I guess there will be some nasty html tables involved.

With respect to graphics, we've decided to go 100% top-down like-Alien Breed, Mageslayer or the early GTA games. It means that we don't have to draw out all the frames for the different orientations and I believe it fits the overal vertical shooter theme.

Here are some examples of games with a top-down view:
Alien Breed (1 & 2)

Mageslayer
Here's an example by Niklas Jansson of how good top-down can look - now if only he'd work with us on Soulreaper!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goodie. Love the top-down decision.