2007-06-06

Greebling

While I was surfing around yesterday, I discovered the word "greebling" on a random page. Now, the page states:

quote: Classic-Space LEGO
Greeble, greeb or greebling is a word not recognized by most dictionaries. As written in the greeble design commentary on Lugnet, “‘Greeble’ (also ‘greeblie’ or ‘greeb’) is the popular term to describe groupings of mechanical-looking detail elements on MOCs”.

It didn't really make me that much wiser - until I discovered the illustrations which sure brought back some fond memories! For those of you who don't know what a MOC is, here's a short explanation from wikipedia: "My Own Creation, a fan-created Lego creation that was not a set originally marketed by the Lego Group".

Here are some examples of some greebling:

Check out the full page for more Lego madness.


No comments: